So Much for My Happy Ending Challenge
The beauty of being fen, of being fanfic writers, is that the ending is never really and truly the ending. Not for us. Not if you have a computer, an active imagination, and (God willing) a plucky beta reader. There can still be canon-compliant fanfic, but no one ever said AUs were a bad thing.
Well, no one that would have any interest in this challenge, at any rate.
So grab your computer and your favorite author, and come play! Who says that so-and-so has to stay dead? That Harry wouldn’t have been the one whose affections Ron was craving? Or who knows what else...
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Write the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows over, in the writing style of one of the authors listed below. You can keep the plot the same as Rowling wrote it, or have changed key elements. It’s all good, so long as the epilogue/last chapter you write is in the style of your chosen author.
Pick a writer from the list below, or comment with one of your own. Then have at it!
The Rules (because there always have to be some):
1. All claims must be made by August 17, 2007.
2. All endings must be posted by September 17, 2007.
3. Only one claim per style. I’ll mark them off on the list as they’re claimed. The only exception to this rule is if the chosen author wrote in a language other than English. I’ll allow one ending in English and one ending in the author’s native language. (Translations would be awesome, but not required)
4. If you chose an author not on the list, they must be a published author (not vanity press).
5. If you are a published author, you can’t pick yourself. It’s just not fair to the people trying to emulate Kafka, you know?
6. Cross-posting of endings is allowed, just please mention the challenge when you do.
And now, the list:
e. e. cummings